Sara Nigro Award for Women Achievers in Plant Sciences
The South African Association of Botanists (SAAB) is pleased to welcome applications for the Sara Nigro Award for Women Achievers in Plant Sciences. This award is worth R4000 and the prize will be awarded annually. The prize may be utilized towards academic books, software and electronic support, membership of a professional association, a training course, workshop or conference attendance.
- The candidate must be a female post-graduate member of SAAB working in the field of Plant Sciences.
- There is no age-limit to the award; however, the candidate must be registered as a post-graduate student or post-doctoral researcher at a South African University or other appropriate Research Institution.
- The main supervisor of the candidate must be a paid-up member of SAAB.
- The candidate should provide a motivation of how they intend to spend the award.
- The prize must be utilized within one calendar year from the announcement of the award.
Please include the following in your application:
1. A curriculum vitae with the names of two referees.
2. A letter of motivation by the candidate,
3. A short endorsement and signature from the main supervisor / host must be included.
4. Proof of registration at a South African University or other appropriate Research Institution.
5. Please submit applications by the deadline: 31 March 2023 at 24h00.
Please email applications (in .pdf format) to the Secretary:
No late applications will be considered. The award will be adjudicated by the SAAB Council and Dr Sara Nigro. The award is made on a competitive basis and the Council reserves the right not to make an award should no candidate fulfil all the criteria. The decision of the adjudicating committee is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. The successful candidate will be notified by 28 April 2023.
For enquiries contact: SAABsecretary@gmail.com.